EquiLend hires the best and brightest people. Please continue to check our careers page for an opportunity to join the EquiLend team.
In 2000, a group of 10 global financial institutions joined together, looking for ways to optimize efficiency in the securities finance industry by developing a standardized and centralized global platform for trading and post-trade services. EquiLend Holdings LLC was formed in 2001, and the platform went live in 2002.
Since our launch, we have increased our network to more than 100 clients, released a number of new functions and enhancements, introduced the platform to the global fixed income securities finance community (BondLend) and launched a global securities finance market data service (DataLend).
Owners include BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Clearing, J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Northern Trust, State Street and UBS.
Vice President, Software Engineering (New York, NY):
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Assist client support personnel in the remediation of production issues, defects and bugs. Work synergistically with business analysts to create new and enhanced platform functionality.
- Author and update functional requirements and technical design documentation.
- Validate test plans and scenarios.
- Work with the infrastructure team to ensure deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully.
- Support client efforts to integrate to the platform by providing technical subject matter expertise on web-based financial services application platforms.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of experience in application design, analysis, development and testing in the banking/financial services domain using multi-threaded concurrency, Java, Unix Shell Scripting, J2EE, DML & DDL and Sybase.
Send cvl/res to: Allison Zerby, EquiLend Holdings LLC, 225 Liberty Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10281.
DataLend Product Specialist (New York, NY):
The DataLend Product Specialist will work as part of the DataLend Team alongside the DataLend Product Owner. The Product Specialist will focus on creating a positive client experience for the user base by managing existing clients and the on-boarding of new clients. In addition, the Product Specialist will be instrumental in the future development of DataLend with responsibility for gathering and documenting business requirements and creating new functionality.
- Manage relationships for book of DataLend clients
- Proactively engage clients for training and demonstration of new functionalities
- Provide quantitative support for client trading and reporting activities
- Onboard new clients and analyze data
- Use Excel and/or Excel VBA to create client facing reports and presentations
- Document client business requirements and develop new functionality
- Improve data quality
- Work closely with internal teams, including Development, Client Services, and Sales to recommend business priorities, and advise on options and risks
- 5-7 years of experience in the securities finance or financial services industry
- College degree required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience communicating and working with front office clients
- SQL experience preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills, VBA is a plus
- Experience working with and querying large datasets
- Experience creating screen mockups
- Experienced in facilitating meetings and discussions with clients and internal teams
- Knowledge of concepts related to financial markets and quantitative modeling of financial products
- Detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple work efforts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EquiLend Clearing Services Tech Lead (New York, NY)
EquiLend is seeking a Technical Lead to develop and maintain the firm’s B2B multi-tier platform.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Assist client support personnel in the remediation of production issues, defects, and bugs
- Work synergistically with business analysts to create new and enhanced platform functionality
- Author and update functional requirements and technical design documentation
- Validate test plans and scenarios
- Work with the infrastructure team to ensure deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully
- Support client efforts to integrate to the platform by providing technical subject matter expertise
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Working knowledge of EXTJS is preferred
- Experience with J2EE Application Servers – BEA WebLogic preferred
- Knowledge of common object oriented design patterns
- Familiarity with multi-threaded concurrency and inter-process communications in Java
- Fluency in SQL and PL/SQL (Stored Procedures)
- Three or more years of solid transaction processing experience with hands-on Oracle DML and DDL
- Skilled in system performance and SQL tuning
- Data Modeling know-how
- Unix environment experience – Sun Solaris
- Skilled in the use of XML
- UML know-how (Class, Sequence and Collaboration)
- Experience with messaging middleware like IBM MQSeries is preferred
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems
- Financial services experience required – Securities Finance experience is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good judgment, high ethical standards, and a strong work ethic are a must
Please send resume to email@example.com.